Friday, June 11, 2010

6 years ago~ TODAY

6 years ago today I received THE CALL for this cute little boy named Igor.

It was a Friday afternoon and we had just finished hosting part 1 of our weekend yard sale fundraiser.

My mom and long time friend April were here to help make the fundraiser a HUGE success. By the time the rain came and forced us to close up shop we had already raised well over a THOUSAND dollars.

As we stood in the garage in complete AWE of the generosity of everyone who donated items, everyone who shopped and everyone who prayed we couldn't help but feel the overwhelming presence of the Lord.

Without warning the phone rang and broke the peaceful silence. I looked at caller ID and instantly recognized the 703 #. That was the area code of our adoption agency America World.

I couldn't imagine why they were calling. My Dossier was already in Russia and translated so I knew there were no questions there. I was told not to expect "The Call" until at least December...so I knew it wasn't that. I answered the phone and I heard Leslie (my family coordinator) say " Hello Jen, are you sitting down?"....

Everybody knew that was ALWAYS Leslie's opening line when she was calling with a referral.

All I could muster was "no, please don't say anything until I can sit".

So I sat down and I heard those words "I have your son". My heart leaped to my throat. I couldn't speak, I couldn't breathe, I couldn't move.

I could hear Leslie say "Jen are you there, Jen did you hear me, Jen?"...

It was the most surreal feeling. To be able to hear and feel but not move or speak. Without even seeing his picture or holding him close he had melted my heart and filled it with overflowing emotions.

I managed to get a "yes, I am still here" out and then I asked her to conference Brian so he could think and talk for both of us.

She did and later she sent us these most beautiful pictures...

June 11, 2004 was the day I officially felt like a MOM.

Meet Igor

My beloved Ethan

0 comments: