Friday, July 25, 2008

A Child Waits - Encouragement

Friends,

I have received a TON of comments regarding A Child Waits post I made a few days ago.

It seems that many who read the post were “moved” or cried and felt sad for what they saw. Many confessed that “one day, they too hope to grow their family through adoption but right now financially it is just impossible!”

Before I address that comment I would first like to say I believe ALL children are a gift. Whether brought to our families biologically or through the adoption. I do not believe that one way is better or more noble. I do not feel that those who adopt are “great or selfless people” I also do not believe that adoption is for everyone. No one should ever pursue an adoption just because they feel sorry or sad for a child. Adoption is NOT a rescue mission!! Adoption is simply uniting your child with his family.

With all that being said….These last paragraphs are ONLY INTENDED for anyone who “one day hopes to grow their family through adoption but right now feels that it is financially impossible”

If you and your spouse have a united heart towards adoption but you are holding back due solely to finances PLEASE DON’T. I know first hand that when we step out in faith and trust in what we know is right rather than what “makes sense” we are blown away by what is possible. I also know first hand the initial fear. I know how hard it is to take that first step, but once you do, once you leap, you see things you never dreamed possible actually happening to you, in your life, and for the good of your family! I have seen a couple loose their job in the middle of an adoption and not only stay the course but bring home 2 children instead of one. God did not forsake them. I’ve seen other couples loose their home and job and STILL complete their adoption. Another couple had no finance options available to them for a little girl whom their heart broke for so 3 times they “found” her a forever family. All 3 times it fell through and finally they “got it”. They proceeded with NO finances and their daughter is now home! Our personal adoption expenses doubled what we thought they were going to be when we completed our first adoption and since we were not planning to adopt again we had NO adoption fund for our last adoption yet all of our children are home safe and sound. We have plenty to eat, hot water, clothes on our backs and a roof over our head!

My plea to any of you holding off because of finances is this: PLEASE DO NOT LET FINANCES KEEP YOUR CHILD OUT OF YOUR HOME! I will personally partner with you, join forces and encourage you every step of the way. I have seen miracle after miracle in family after family. I would be honored if you allowed me that privilege on your journey!

For those of you who have testimonies like those above PLEASE share your stories. Be an encouragement to those who may be in a financial stronghold. You never know whose child may come home as a result of your trials and testimony!

To Him Be The Glory!

2 comments:

Little Patch of Heaven said...

This is so true and it brings tears to my eyes. We are truly struggling to gather the funds for the adoption of a girl from Russia. Please read our story at www.azlittlepatchofheaven.blogspot.com. We need all the support and help that we can get.
Danette
ddhefty@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

WOOHOOO. I am SO with you on this. Thanks for posting!!!