Wednesday, February 25, 2009

When I'm a Daddy...

One of my MOST favorite things to do is tuck the kids in to bed at night. Not just because that task leads to a quiet house and Brian and I getting some one on one time but because of the great conversations I get to have with the kids.

Much like this one:

Ethan: "Mommy, can we talk about when I'm a daddy".
Me: "Sure Ethan, what are you going to do when you are a daddy?"
Ethan: "I'm going to have 2 sons and 2 daughters"
Me: "Really, that's great"
Ethan: "Yep, and I'm not going to let them have a dirty room. If they don't clean their room they are going to have 2 consequences. The sons will have to clean their whole room and the whole house and the daughters will have to clean their whole room and all the floors"
Me: "Really?" (thinking, hmmm...maybe I should try that!!)
Ethan: "Yep and I'm going to let my sons work in the yard with me and help do my chores".
Me: "That's great! What about your daughters"
Ethan: "Um, I don't know. That'll be up to the mommy"
Me: (Smile) "Your daddy lets the girls help him in the yard and with his chores. Do you think you might"
Ethan: "Maybe. I will take my kids on dates like daddy does".
Me: "That's nice Ethan - it sounds like you are going to be a good daddy"
Ethan: "I changed my mind. I'm just going to have 1 son and 1 daughter. The other 2 are GONE!"

********

Well after that I was speechless. So I gave him a big kiss and wished him sweet sweet dreams.

Being a wife and mother has to be life's GREATEST gift.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww. So sweet!